We all know how hard it is to avoid eating all of the wonderful tasting goodies that aren’t good for us at picnics.
It’s all about how you prepare yourself for the day of the picnic!
5 Ways of eating healthy foods during those summer picnics:
- Start by eating a powerful breakfast such as a green smoothie with some oatmeal.
- Depending on the time of the picnic, if it’s an earlier afternoon start, eat some fruits and vegetables with peanut butter.
- Look for the dishes that have either raw vegetables or veggies marinated in good oils.
- Avoid eating hot dogs and hamburgers, unless you know for sure they are 100% all natural, hormone free meats.
- Desserts? It’s OK to have a sliver, but don’t over indulge! Try to eat the healthy ones such as a “bowl of fruit.”
If you follow these five steps, you will be less tempted to eat all of those fat, artery clogging foods that only make you tired and sluggish.
Watch This short 3 minute video below to see my green smoothie breakfast drink!
You may feel out of place by asking the host what’s in the foods you’re planning on eating,
DON’T!!! Why? Simply, it’s your body, and you have every right to ask.
Most likely, you will be surrounded by family or friends who know how you are about your health and they will understand why you’re asking.
Eat Healthy and Well,