Most of us don’t even know the incredible health benefits of cabbage.
When people just hear the word “cabbage,” immediately they turn their nose up. Sure, it has a unique smell to it, but come on, get over it!
Do you have any idea how healthy cabbage is to your body?
Here are 5 important reasons why you should consider adding cabbage to your diet.
- It contains a naturally occurring, nitrogenous compound known as indoles. Research shows that indoles can lower the risk of certain cancers.
- Supplies rich nutrients in vitamins A,B,C. and E.
- Helps with many stomach disorders such as ulcers and constipation.
- High in fiber, which is great for keeping off the extra pounds or weight.
- Increases the amount of antibodies in your system, which in turn, boosts the immune system.
The health benefits of cabbage go on and on.
Start living a longer and healthier life TODAY, NOT TOMORROW!
Eat Healthy and Well,
Lose Weight By Eating More Foods With Fiber.
As with many of us, “dieting” is a hard word to follow. But, did you know there’s a much easier way to drop a few pounds without dieting?
It’s really simple. Consume high fiber foods!
One of the best foods for high fiber is beans. In fact, black, kidney, and lima beans are one of the highest in fiber content amongst other beans.
Here’s just a few reasons why foods with high fiber are good for you:
- Fiber easily passes through the small intestine, down into the colon, and out of the body. This promotes a healthy colon and makes it easier for regular bowel movements. Think of it as nature’s way of brushing your insides clean from unwanted wastes.
- Fiber also reduces the risks of heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, and colon cancer.
- As I said earlier, it is great for losing weight. Some high fiber foods attach to toxins and fat particles in the body, which is easily removed through a healthy colon.
As with adding any new food to your diet, always remember to do it gradually. Let your body adjust slowly to the increase of fiber, especially beans.
It’s beneficial during this transition to increase the amount of water you drink. Have at least 32 ounces/day.
Check out this list of high fiber foods to help you shed off those few pounds permanently.
Just remember to stick with it and follow through!
Eat Healthy and Well,